Thursday, September 18, 2008

Diaper Trouble

One of Carinn's many "talents" is getting all her clothes and her diaper off, usually only when she's in bed (when we can't see her). Well, sometimes this results in a wet bed, and sometimes it results in a really messy bed. Not my idea of fun!! We started putting her in a onesie for her naps, and under her pajamas at night. That worked for about a week. Then we got even smaller onesies that are really tight and hard to get out of. She figured how to get those off without even unsnapping the bottom! Well, I asked a friend if she had any helpful advice, and she knew the answer right away! (She has five sons and lots of nieces and nephews.) The answer is (drumroll, please): zipper jammies put on backwards. I'm so grateful for parents with experience!! Anyway, this has worked so far. I hope it works for good. Meanwhile, Carinn doesn't mind at all. She just likes her new pajamas.


5 comments:

Trent and Kristi said...

This post is TOO funny! I totally laughed. I'll have to remember that trick if Kami decides to play houdini. I can't believe she can get her clothes off - even without unsnapping them! That takes talent. I'm sure it's frustrating but it's pretty funny!

Congrats on #3 - WOW. That's all I have to say! I'm glad you are getting a BOY!!!!

Hope all is well!

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Thanks for your sweet message on our blog. I love the pajama idea. Yes, I've heard of that before. And congratulations on your exciting baby news!

Marc and Allyson Rogers said...

I am laughing sooo hard!! That is awesome! What would we do without great advice from other moms???!!! It's also so funny to hear what other kids do ... I probably will jinx myself by saying this, but I've never had a kid who undresses and undiapers themselves and makes messes. Of course, I'm sure my kids have done wacky things that other people's kids don't do! It's fun to see how you're doing! Cute kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot, I hope this does not post twice...solution to the disapearing night time diaper..Some friends had twins later in life and the saying, "Two heads are better than one"..well..lets just say those two could solve any problem they encountered..so diaper removal was a piece of cake. The solution was DUCT TAPE..a couple times around and it will keep him busy working on that..just make sure the end is in the back and snug enough not to slide down with the tape..and you should be good to go. They got the diaper off easily by just cutting the tape on the sides...No more messy bedsheets.
Good luck..and thanks for the laugh. Gabriele

Anonymous said...

oh and you don't tape the kid up ..just the diaper..Don't want you to be on the news, and tell them I said to duct tape your kid!!